Spring Baseball 2018 Registration and Updates!!
Spring Baseball 2018 Registration is officially open.....
Please register online at westwarwickbaseball.org --> Just click on the Registration Banner!
Don't forget you can register online and pay online, or register online and send us a check if that's easier for you!
Parents/Players and Coaches/Team Managers,
We are all so excited for Baseball to start this year. We have broken this year into three separate seasons.
Spring Baseball will run April thru June.
Summer Baseball for our All Star Tournament Teams will run June thru August
Fall Baseball will run late August thru October 31st
Here are just a few of our updates we enacted this season based on your feedback from last year:
- Socks are back! That's right, based on your feedback we will be supplying the Players Shirts, Hats and Socks to every registered player.
- We upgraded our Uniforms this past fall and the feedback was so over whelming we will use them again this Spring!
- We now supply Coaches Shirts to all Registered Team Volunteers/Coaches and Managers.
- We now offer a payment plan for all registration costs thru our online website. All accounts must be paid in full as of April 15th, 2018, to be eligible to play.
- We have elected new members to our Board of Directors to help address any concerns throughout the year. We are still looking for members and volunteers if your interested in helping out this year!
Finally, our biggest change this year will be asking all of our NEW Players in both the Minor and Major Divisions to attend Tryouts on March 10th at 10am at the West Warwick Civic Center. This change will allow us to Draft Players into the right division based on their ability and allow us to ensure all teams are evenly matched, which will make our players all have a better experience on the field!
Here is a quick overview of upcoming dates. We will update the SIPlay App and Facebook as we get closer to Opening Day:
- 2/11 February Board Meeting
- 3/10 Minor/Majors Tryouts at West Warwick Civic Center 10am
- 3/11 March Board Meeting
- 3/11 Majors Division Draft with Major Division Head Coaches at 2pm
- 3/17 Majors/Minors Division Coaches Meeting and Clinic - West Warwick High School - 10am
- 3/24 T-Ball/Rookie Division Coaches Meeting and Clinic - West Warwick High School - 10am
- 4/1 Team Practices Begin - Coaches will notify their teams thru the SIPlay App on dates and times
- 4/7 Field Clean Up Day & Equipment Turn In/Out Day (More Details to Come)
- 4/21 Opening Day
- 4/28 Pitch, Hit, and Run Event
More Dates will get added to the Spring Baseball Calendar, so please follow us on Facebook and download the SIPlay app today!!
Quick Request for our Returning Coaches, please send us an email ASAP to email@example.com with answers to the following questions:
- Are you returning this year to coaching/team manager? If so what division? All stars? (We want to field an 8 Year Old All Star Team this year)
- Do you have any catchers gear or any other equipment that you will be using? Or will you need any for your team? If not, do you have equipment to return to the league?
- Is there anything else you will need from the league for a successful season?
Remember this year, we will be focused on improving our Players Experience on the Field, and our Family and Friends in the Stands! To do that we need to hear from YOU.......
Our Board meets the second Sunday of every month, please don't hesitate to send in your questions, concerns or ideas on improving our League!
- West Warwick Baseball